Since retirement, I snap a lot of pictures and spend much of my time processing the images.
To organize things, I've selected a general outline illustrated by my Pinterest board headings, on the left.
- Creature photography features animals that are mammals, birds that are not, and others like bugs, butterflies and snakes.
- Food and Flowers are ubiquitous, often compliment each other, and generally lend themselves to esthetically pleasing photographic representation.
- Travel Photography includes Rural landscapes, Urban city scenes and architectural details.
- Things Photography consist of Odds and Ends that do not fit as well in the proceeding categories.
- I often shoot exposure-bracketed sets of images that I process with HDR Pro 2.
- Initial processing is performed in Lightroom.
- Subsequent processing involves Photoshop and software by Topaz Labs, Google/Nic, Alien Skin, Akvis, Digital Film Tools, and On1
I began with a crisp photorealistic approach. Over time, I've adopted a much more graphic, then painterly or even sketch-like approach.